So much fun there was no time for rest!

9 Sep

It is hard not to be happy after a weekend like this past one. Sushi with grandparents Friday night followed by a game night with our friends. We played Apples to Apples, an easy, fun game to facilitate group time. And I love identifying with the green cards I win. This time I was “odd, overwhelming, confused, spiritual, and dramatic”… sounds about right! Jen$ convinced me it was a good idea to stay up until 3am talking after everyone else went home and to bed; it was a crazy decision, but when you need to stay up and talk, you just do it.

Saturday I saw a high school friend for the first time in a couple years and her new baby. It was a wonderful time with her and her family, who basically used to be my family in high school. My friend has the memory of a video camera, and it’s nice to be reminded sometimes of what I was like when I was young. Not many people can do that for you. It was also really fun to hold a 2 month old again; it’s so easy to forget how tiny and sleepy those little babes are!

David went skydiving while I was at brunch! I can’t believe he walked out the door of a perfectly good airplane! I loved hearing about it. He said his tandem jumper did a back flip with him when they went out, so he was falling through the sky watching the plane fly away… it is so cool that he had the guts to do that. And Saturday was a beautiful day for that kind of view.

After a long afternoon nap (for all of us), we went to a 30th birthday party of one of Dave’s former coworkers. I couldn’t believe we were leaving the house at 8pm with the baby, but he did OK as long as he could walk around. That’s all he wants to do these days!

I went to church Sunday followed by a deacon meeting. I have a lot of responsibilities on my plate, but I’m looking forward to it all. Yesterday afternoon was my sister-in-law’s baby shower, two weeks before her due date! I had been putting together a gift box for her for weeks, and it was fun to watch her open it. Everyone seemed to enjoy the stuff I had handmade, and it is getting me even more excited to start selling my home goods. I have a lot of ideas and just need to find the time to sew it all. Walter is fluctuating between one nap and two right now, and most days when he takes only one his nap isn’t any longer.  And he’s going to bed so late at night, it’s really making it hard to get anything done!

I managed to go to bed by 8:45 last night, utterly exhausted. Lots of chores and work this week too; busy, busy, busy!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: